Friday, October 01, 2004

Preparation.

Today is Friday, and I'm heading out to Toledo after work. I'm travelling light for an ASL event, taking only my Rule Book, the Chapter H Vehicle Notes, and the small binder with all the charts and tables. I'm also taking my dice glass, but I hope to find a decent dice tower sometime during the week. After using Jeff's towers for awhile, I'm now in the tower camp.

I feel like I'm missing something. My duffle bag is stuffed with the aforementioned binders, my laptop, various and sundry cables, digital camera and my iPod recharging plug. I think that's all I'll need aside from the regular luggage.

I'm actually dreaming about ASL right now, which is quite sad. I have visions of my last big clash with Jeff a few weeks ago (and for the life of me I can't remember the scenario name!). I was the SS rolling up on the Brits and Americans in a Market Garden scenario, which saw three SS tanks go down to Critical Hits in the same turn. It was brutal.

More recently, Chris rolled snake-eyes in three Close Combat rounds in one scenario just this past Tuesday, putting an end to my Germanic-Polish Coup dreams in a Journal playtest.

Lately I've been feeling a lot like......

But what can you do?

Can't wait to get there and get started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home