Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Future of the Blog

This was going to be a short term project to document my time at ASLOK 2004, but I've had too much fun with it to quit now. I've been thinking about it, and I'm going to keep it active.

This blog will continue to document my ASL games (usually at least once a week), as well as other events I plan on attending in Chicago and Detroit.

Looking ahead, I'd love to see this become the nucleus of a Southwestern Michigan ASL Group, with more content, reports, and other things that might add a little to the ASL community in some small way. There are six players that I'm aware of in the region, and I'd love to get some others writing here about thier ASL experiences. Something to think about.

So if you've enjoyed the Blog, stick around. Maybe it will turn into something.

3 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger asler said...

Sounds cools. Do you have the resources to do a web site? That would probably be more functional than was blog for things like AAR's etc.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Todd Wiley said...

I will have my own domain registered soon (www.toddwiley.com), but that might not be the best place to host a site since it will have my name all over it and I see this as more of a group thing (hopefully). Of course, if no one minds my name being attached like this, I would easily be able to split a subdomain to host a site. If we want a different URL, it is something like $20 a year to register a domain and then hosting would be about $5 a month somewhere. If there is interest, I could put together a site and we all can discuss content, format and what we want to do with it. Start tossing out ideas here of what might be useful and we can begin to mull the concept.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger asler said...

I'd be into it. I've thought about creating a SW Michigan gaming club - not just ASL but other board games and miniatures. I think a web site would be a great starting point for such a group!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home