Saturday, October 16, 2004

The French

MultimanPublishing.com

I scored a very nice acquisition today while running down to South Bend, Indiana with the family for a 'get the hell out of Kzoo day'. We drove down to do some shopping and such, so while there I decided to visit any local game shops in hopes of stumbling on a copy of Doomed Battalions somewhere. I wasn't so fortunate, but I did find a rather large shop in Downtown South Bend called Griffon Games and Books.

This store is the dream of any military history enthusiast. Unfortunately, due to a bargain I made with my wife, I couldn't stay long to look since she was orbiting the block in the van while I looked for ASL merchandise. As it was, I dallied enough to send her around the block five times before emerging to jump in the van as she went by (parking was really a mess.) The entire basement of the store is nothing but books devoted to military history. We're talking about perhaps half the size of a mall Waldenbooks full of nothing but war stuff. I think he has about every Osprey publication there is. I can't wait to go back and give it a proper browse.

As for purchases, I scored the last copy of Croix de Guerre for $34 (MMP wants $45 plus shipping.) He had two copies of Hollow Legions, but I don't need them. Unfortunately, he's letting the inventory run out since no one seems to play in South Bend.

Great store if you are ever in the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home